Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Auto-Complete rocks

I love the new auto-complete on Netflix, it makes adding numerous movies a snap...especially for bad spellers like myself. Although, it doesn't work yet for directors and actors.

Anders Bylund over at Motley Fool has more:

Netflix could still keep its simple and pretty good search as is, and just add an "advanced search" option to the side, the way IMDB and Google already do. As it is, the magic of Firefox add-ins lets me do movie searches at IMDB and add what I find there to my Netflix queue in a couple of clicks. I just feel bad for all the poor Internet Explorer users out there who don't have that luxury.

Then again, you need a Microsoft browser on a Windows-enabled PC to use what is perhaps Netflix's biggest difference-maker versus rental rival Blockbuster -- the "Watch Instantly" digital movie streamer. Oh, Netflix, why can't you just make everyone happy? Cross-platform movie streaming and advanced search on your own site. That's all I ask. And I can't be the only subscriber with wishes like these.

No comments: