Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hacking Netflix digs deeper into a new form of throttling

Hacking Netflix has a great post about a new "form" of throttling. The main point of the post is many times a customer returns two movies back in the same envelope and only one is checked in that day. The writer of the letter even goes as far as to claim that the two movie were sometimes checked in 3 or 4 days apart. I have to admit this happens to me also, although rarely. As a collector of Netflix envelopes, mant times I am keeping the drop point envelope and sending two movie back in another, local, envelope. And several times, I have had the same thing happen to me. I always chalked it up to problems at the local distribution center and not really to throttling. It just doesn't happen all that often to me, even though I send many two-fers back. Check out Hacking Netflix's post, it is a very interesting development.

No comments: