Thursday, November 8, 2007

Netflix tweaking the Fanboy Nuclear Option

Back in September I touched on Netflix's new flagging a review option, also known around Netflixholic as the Fanboy Nuclear Option. My concerns were that fanboys would flag negative reviews of their favorite films as "this is not a review" or "objectionable content". I took down all my reviews just to be safe. Looks like I was not just being paranoid.

from the Netflix Community Blog:

Over the past few months we've changed the thresholds and we continue to find cases where folks are misusing the system and thus we revise the algorithm to account for this. The thresholds and algos are also different for "this is not a review" and "objectionable content" (etc) and we know some people who don't like a review just click on everything hoping this will accelerate the removal (it doesn't).

No comments: